The first 125MW power station is in the world. The method based on rotating mirrors tracking the Sun. A solar power tower 240 m high, a water heating unit in a boiler which can boil to about 450 degrees. This technology was developed in Israel, by BrightSource. The station designers had to deal with complex environmental aspects:
- integration in the environment and noise prevention solutions.
- clearing mines in the area.
- limited Height due to security constraints.
- The station incorporates a combined cycle station natural gas backup for dust storms or clouds conditions.
Yozmot, Alongside with the National Council for Planning and Construction (led by the Government of Israel) composed an environmental impact report for the project. the survey included chapters on environmental noise, emissions, brine handling, landscapes, birds, damage prevention and useful and designated land.
- Environmental impact report
- Interaction with the developer’s design team for environmental support during advanced design
- Checking drain alternatives aspects
- Achieving agreements with government officials toward construction – Drainage Authority, the Israel Antiquities Authority
- A feasibility survey in order to establish similar stations sites